Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Emperor's New Clothes

 
When I was a child, I liked to read the story of Emperor's New Clothes in Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales, the fairy tale was so interesting. It’s talked about an Emperor who wasn’t a good Emperor. He didn’t care anything except his new clothes. One day, two swindlers who calling themselves weavers. They made amazing clothes for the emperor and earned a lot of money from it. They said"If the emperor wore such a suit of clothes,who couldn't see , the person is stupid or unfit for his post." Unfortunately, nobody wanted to be a person like that ones, so the emperor and other people said they could see the cloth and praised that was a Magnificent, Excellent and Exquisite one. In fact, the emperor didn’t wear anything and they couldn’t see anything; however, nobody expose the lie, the clothes means nothing. Interestingly, one fine day, the Emperor wore his “new clothes”, at the head of the great procession. All the people standing by and at the windows cheered and cried, "How well the clothes fit!" Ironically, a little child suddenly shouted, "But he hasn't got anything on."

This story tought me to be honest and not to be vain. I am going to read this story for my children in the future.


3 comments:

  1. I think you described the story and the moral well. It can teach a valuable lesson to everyone.

    Corrections: "When I was a child, I liked to read..." "This story taught me to be honest and not to be vain."

    ReplyDelete
  2. danyan this is first time I read this story ..I like it

    ReplyDelete